"It's time to take them on when it comes to opioids and when it comes to prescription drugs"- U.S. Senator for MN...
Holding Opioid Manufacturers Accountable
Episode 5 of this series focuses on accountability: the case against opioid manufacturers and legislation. Minnesota lawmakers on each side of the political spectrum have been working on legislation to combat the opioid epidemic. 2018's 'penny-a-pill' provision being removed from a Minnesota bill in favor of a licensing fee for opiate manufacturers and distributors has some lawmakers fueled to fight for its inclusion in 2019. We also hear from the county attorney regarding St. Louis County being one of hundreds of counties across the country suing pharmaceutical manufacturers making synthetic opioids. St. Luke's and Essentia doctors also speak on accountability.
List of interviewees featured in Episode 5:
- U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, (D) Minnesota
- Rep. David Baker (R), MN House of Reps
- Liz Olson (D), MN House of Reps
- Greg Anderson, St. Louis County Social Service Supervisor
- Mark Rubin, St. Louis County Attorney
- Kellen Davis, Addiction Councilor
- Dr. Nicholas Van Deelan, St. Luke's
- Dr. Joseph Bianco, Essentia Health
- Dr. Rahul Gupta - March of Dimes Chief Medical & Health Officer